You can enjoy Nintendo DS games on any Android or iOS device using a Nintendo DS emulator. Since its initial release in 2004, it has amassed a global sales total of more than 150 million copies. The best DS emulators for Android and iOS let you play your beloved games while simulating the features of a Nintendo DS console.
There are numerous emulators available if you want to enjoy Nintendo DS games on any Android or iOS device. Despite being widely used, there are very few reliable Nintendo DS emulators. Some emulators are cost-free, while others have a small fee. We’ll examine the best DS emulators for Android and iOS in this article.
Top 6 Best DS Emulators For Android and iOS
Here are the top 6 best emulators for Android and iOS:
One of the earliest best DS Emulators that is still well-liked by users is NDS4Droid. However, this emulator has not received any upgrades since 2016. Even so, it’s a gold mine of knowledge for programmers interested in DS emulators. The NDS4Droid emulator’s free usage is one of its finest features. Because its source code is open-source, any coder can enhance it. The addition of German language translation is one of the most recent changes made to this app.
- Saving game settings lets you resume where you left off in the game.
- Built-in exploits for Action Replay cheats.
- Supports OUYA game device software.
- Wide compatibility
- Free and without advertising
- Speed is a little sluggish and may occasionally crash
- Slows down on outdated smartphones
The SNES, PlayStation, Nintendo DS, and NES are just a few of the systems that are included in the more recent DS emulator Emubox. EmuBox perfectly replicates the DS’s visuals thanks to its use of Google’s Material Design coding language. Additionally, EmuBox provides 20 saved spaces for each ROM. Even the scope to take screenshots is offered by the app. Ads in the app, however, cause the game’s save states to crash.
- Emulator speed can be accelerated and gaming settings can be changed for optimal efficiency.
- This emulator works primarily like a RetroArch emulator with integrated gaming consoles.
- Allows for external controllers
- Play in either landscape or portrait view
- Too many active cheats slow down the game
- Ads cause a nuisance within the game
3. Citra Emulator
One of the well-known best DS emulators is Citra. It works with a huge variety of vintage games. Citra requires Android 9.0 or higher to be operational. Additionally, you will need to download your ROMs from places other than Citra. The user UI is attractive and simple to understand. The Citra emulator operates perfectly despite still being in the beta stage. Additionally, the emulator enables local WiFi connectivity.
- Support for external gamepads, texture filtering, and resolution scaling.
- Compatible with the latest Android smartphones.
- Simple setup procedure
- Supports a variety of classic games
- The game sometimes lags
- MacOS is not accepted
RetroArch, one of the best DS emulators for Android and iOS, is a versatile video game launcher that is accessible on all platforms. Through RetroArch, the Libretro API lets you enjoy existing NDS games and also make your own. RetroArch only provides the front-end user interface for emulators, media players, and game engines; the main core for every system must be downloaded independently for it to appropriately function.
The RetroArch emulator supports a broad range of consoles and non-Nintendo systems in addition to the Nintendo DS, original Game Boy, and Game Boy Advance. Having a little technical knowledge background will be helpful for the setup.
- Multi-faceted, multi-purpose, and multi-platform.
- Available on various game consoles like PSP, PS2, PS3, PS Vita, 2DS, 3DS, Wii U, Wii, Nintendo Switch, etc.
- Free and open-source software (FOSS).
Platforms: Android, iOS, and more
- Multi-platform compatibility
- Open access and without ads
- Setup calls for technological expertise
- The user experience could have been more accommodating
The very first DS emulator for iOS is NDS4iOS. It is a free DS emulator that does not require jailbreaking, thus allowing more people to use it on more platforms. NDS4iOS supports newer software versions but needs iOS 5.1.1 or higher.
A built-in app browser for downloading Nintendo DS ROMs is included with NDS4iOS. The NDS4iOS emulator supports iOS controllers and is completely tailored for iPhones and iPads. The users can sync their emulator data and files between their smartphone and computer using the NDS4iOS emulator.
- Control-pad positioning and customization options.
- AirPlay support and Dropbox integration.
- Among the most effective iOS Nintendo DS emulators
- Utilizes no jailbreak
- Does not support Android-based systems
- No longer being worked on
Because it does not require jailbreaking, iNDS, which is based on the venerable NDS4iOS, is one of the best DS emulators for iOS. It is important to note that the game ROMs are not pre-installed with the emulator, so you will need to obtain them from another source.
With iOS 16 or above, the iNDS emulator works perfectly with all Apple products. Due to Apple’s strict policies, iNDS isn’t offered on the Apple App Store; however, if the device is jailbroken, you may obtain it from Cydia Store, AltStore, and TopStore.
- Wide interoperability with ROMs sold by businesses.
- Video filters, in-app customizations, auto-save, haptic vibration, and more.
- The top iOS Nintendo DS emulator
- Does not require a jailbreak
- Requires technical knowledge for troubleshooting
- Difficult to set-up
Nintendo DS emulators can be used on a computer or smartphone to play games. People may want to use an emulator for a variety of reasons, including to play retro or vintage games, or to try out new games without having to buy a new console. We sincerely hope you enjoyed this article on the best DS emulators for Android and iOS. Such material will continue to be posted by us. Share your DS emulator gaming experience with us in the comments section below.