1. What’s the period of validity for this warranty?
Le Pan offers a ONE YEAR limited warranty covering the hardware of Le Pan Tablet PC (“Product”), limited to those residing in the 50 US States and Canada.
Le Pan warrants the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year, as sold to the original purchaser, from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser.
2. What will Le Pan do?
If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the warranty period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, Le Pan will: (1) repair the hardware defect at no charge; or (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or refurbished, that is substantially equivalent to the original product. This warranty is for replacement for like-items only and does not cover items out of production if the company no longer stocks them. This warranty is not assignable or transferable.
3. Does the warranty end upon Le Pan’s replacement or repair of a product?
Upon Le Pan’s replacement or repair of a Product under warranty, the original end-user purchaser will have the remaining warranty under the original warranty period (without any postponement during repair or replacement). When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes Le Pan’s property.
4. What does this warranty cover?
This warranty only covers technical hardware issues during the warranty period and under normal use conditions. Le Pan does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product. This Warranty does not apply to pre-loaded software, environmental, or customer induced damages or circumstances, such as, but not limited to:
- (a) Product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;
- (b) Serial number of the Product, components or accessories that have been altered, cancelled or removed;
- (c) Obsolescence;
- (d) Damage (accidental or other) to the Product that is cosmetic, meaning damage that does not impact the operation and functioning of the Product, such as without limitation to rust, change in color, texture or finish, wear and tear, scrapes, scratches, dents, cracks, or gradual deterioration;
- (e) Damage to the Product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, use under abnormal conditions, accidental drops, spills, abuse or fire;
- (f) Damage to the Product cause by installation, connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as printer, optical drive, network card, USB device, or by other connectivity issues (including both hardware and software);
- (g) Damage to the Product caused by an external electrical fault, surge, or any electrical anomaly;
- (h) Damage to the Product resulting from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User’s Manual;
- (i) Damage from improper installation, improper connection, or use of parts, components, and/or software not manufactured or sold directly by Le Pan;
- (j) Damage to the Product caused by downloads, virus(es), bots, or other malicious software; or software loss or data loss that may occur;
- (k) Un-usability due to forgotten or lost security passwords;
- (l) Any contamination, condition or other circumstance, which Le Pan, in its sole discretion, considers a danger to health and safety, including, but not limited to any contact between the Product and a biohazard, bodily fluids, infectious materials/substance, chemicals, hazardous substances, diseases, insects, vermin, radiation, or other;
- (m) Fraud, theft, misplacement, unexplained disappearance, or willful acts.
Important: Do not disassemble the Product. Disassembling the Product will void this warranty. Only Le Pan or a party expressly authorized by Le Pan should perform service on this Product.
LE PAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH THE PRODUCT AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.
5. How do you get service?
You must be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number by Le Pan’s Customer Service Center. To receive an RMA, contact customer service at 1.855.537.2672 (1855lepanpc) or submit a ticket at service center.